Wednesday, November 05, 2008

My Take on Election '08

I am not happy that Barack Obama has been elected. I do not agree with him on issues and do not like the people that he surrounds himself with. With that said, I will not spend the next four years obsessed with hatred for him like some have done with GW Bush. I will continue to fight for the principles I believe in and will hope for a better outcome in 2010.

I was never a big McCain supporter. I think he is liberal lite versus being a true conservative. Having Sarah Palin on the ticket was a bonus, but I don't think it makes up for the enthusiasm of really supporting the head of your ticket. I hope Republicans will return to conservative principles and start fighting a little harder for them. The Senate still is not filibuster proof and the House pickup was minimal. Let's hope some on the conservative side see that their values are worth fighting for. John McCain the moderate was supposed to appeal to independents and conservative Democrats. It doesn't look like that strategy worked...